Thursday 30 September 2010

HDR Trial...

HDR Photography has always been appealing to me. I've seen many examples good and bad over the years, but really thought I should give it a go.

So camera in hand and an open day at the FlaxMill in Shrewsbury, I went off to take pics of an old decreped building.

This particular image was take with my cheap 18-55 kit lens. At 18mm I bracketed 3 images at 2 stops difference. took the RAW into Photomatix, converted into a HDR, then finished the image off with a little bit of selective colour layers, a tiny bit of dodge and burn, but that was it.

I think the results speak for it's self. I really like this, and as it's one of my first attempts at HDR, I think I'll be doing this more often...

As always, you can see the image and a 'View on Black' here - FlaxMill (Flickr)

And as ever, you can find a few more images of mine on my - Flicr Feed

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment